In Claudia & Tim's talk on Sunday, January 17, they mentioned several counseling/mental health resources. Here are the ones they included, plus a few more.
Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. (Genesis 2:7)
The very first word we speak is Yahweh (Hebrew word for God) as we take our fist breath, and it will be the last word we will speak.
- Inhale (Yah)
- Exahale (Weh)
Once you find your breath, go through the following steps to help ground yourself, remembering God is with us every breath we take.
- Acknowledge FIVE things you see around you.
- Acknowledge FOUR things you can touch around you.
- Acknowledge THREE things you hear.
- Acknowledge TWO thing you can smell.
- Acknowledge ONE thing you can taste.
- Reach out to your school counselor, church pastor, friend or relative. (Email to get in touch from someone at Sherwood Oaks).
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP
- The American Institute of Stress: 211.org
- Finding Meaning by David Kessler
- The Grand Weaver by Ravi Zacharias
- Whisper by Mark Batterson