As Covid-19 affects our communities, we know that this is the time for the church to rise up. We have always been about more than the Sunday Morning experience, and this is a great time to shine! We are made in the image of Jesus - and we have a unique opportunity to partner with Him and other organizations to change our world, both now and forever.
For Bloomington/Monroe County
Community Food Train Donations:
Contact Nichelle Whitney 317.658.7053
- Collecting Non-perishable food items delivered to a sorting facility on the West Side of Bloomington.
- Bagging & organizing goods for Food Train (call for times).
1515 S Rogers Street, Bloomington 812.332.0999
- Food Prep teams 11:30-1:30 & 3:30-6:30. Call for times available.
- Food Deliveries for Area 10, Nutrition links, Stonebelt Hand in Hand. Call for times needed
- Head Start Food Prep & Delivery, 7:30am-9:30am. Call to volunteer.
- Non-perishable food donations any time at the Community Kitchen location or at Sherwood Oaks Bloomington East.
Monroe County United Ministries:
827 W 14th St, Bloomington 812.339.3429
- Collecting Non-perishable food for community pantry: canned veggies & fruits, pasta, lentils, beans, rice, etc. at MCUM location or drop off at Sherwood Oaks Bloomington East.
- Financial contributions to MCUM for food purchases.
Bloomington International Student Ministries (BISM): Contact Elan Rajamani (812) 327-9587 email
- Temporary housing for international students
- Airport transport for students
- Financial assistance for short-term housing
Perishable Food Drop-off at Sherwood Oaks East:
2700 E Rogers Rd, Bloomington. (8:00am-4:30pm M-Th).
For Bedford/Lawrence County
Hope Resource Center: 717 Lincoln Avenue (Suite G), Bedford IN 47421. April Haskins: 812.508.9538
- Baby supplies: diapers, wipes, baby soap and lotion.
- Baby food and formula
Bertha’s Mission: 1008 5th St. Bedford IN 47421. Sister Janice: .812.329.1100
- Cash donations
Men’s Warming Shelter: 1629 K St. Bedford IN 47421. Jennifer Richardson: 812.675.2682
- Volunteers (men)
Becky’s Place: 1108 5th St Bedford IN 47421. Corrina Hayes: 812.275.5773
- Clothing for women and children
LIFE Food Pantry: 1204 “I” St Bedford IN 47421. Donnie Hall: 812.675.1042
- Canned goods