“You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.”
A lot of Jr. High students are posting on social media with #Blessed. In many of these circumstances they are correct, but the perspective they have is wrong. Often times what we think we own is really on loan, and when students used #Blessed it’s almost always associated with getting something great for themselves. Ultimately, students aren’t understanding why they’re blessed, just that they are blessed.
This year’s theme “Open” will truly define what it means to be generous in every way, because we are blessed by God. The character of God goes against our natural tendencies – to hold on to the things God gives us for ourselves instead of holding open those things God gives us to others.
By exploring 2 Corinthians 9, students on the Believe tour will learn how God is calling them to be Open … to be generous in every way.
We’re so happy that your student is interested in attending CIY Believe! Please use the following information to help as you plan for the trip.
- Cost for CIY Believe is $85 plus money for one meal.
- Students will meet in the new South Entrance at Sherwood Oaks East at 5:00pm on Friday, April 7. Tyler will lead a brief meeting before heading off to Anderson. A sack dinner will be provided in the vehicles on the way up. Our estimated time to arrive back to the church on Saturday is 6:00pm.
- Participants will stay at the Comfort Inn located at 2229 E. 59th Street in Anderson, IN. Each room will hold four to five people total.
- Packing List: Bible, a notebook, pen or pencil, pajamas for one night, toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.), clothing for appropriate weather, appropriate bathing suit, something to keep time with, money for one fast food meal, and optional money for souvenirs.
- Conference Information: CIY Believe is a conference focused specifically on Jr. High students. You can find more information about the Believe theme, schedule, speakers and artists at www.ciy.com/believe.