Happy New Year! Check out the following important news to learn how to get connected this month in Sherwood Kids:
- Family Five is a five-minute devotional for the whole family...delivered right to your phone! It consists of a short video and conversation starters that reinforce the Core 52 lessons that the adults and children learn on Sunday mornings. Receive a new devotional every Monday at 3:00pm via text messaging and share it with your kids in the car, during a meal, during Life Group, before bedtime...whenever! To sign up, text this message "@familyfive" to 81010 or use this link https://www.remind.com/join/familyfive.
- Add light to our GIANT light bright board! Sherwood Kids has created a visual reminder that God's Word is a lamp for our feet and a light on our path. For each Core 52 verse your child memorizes, he or she will have the opportunity to add a peg to the oversized light bright board in his or her area. So, work together with your child at home to memorize God's Word so that the light on the board and God's light in your life will shine brighter.
- AWANA and Kids Choir resumes this Wednesday, January 5. This program meets in the gym every Wednesday from 6:00pm-7:30pm. During this time the kids will participate in a dynamic, gospel-centered program and prepare for choir performances. The registration fee is $30 per child, and it covers all the expenses for the program--the musical t-shirts, the choir CDs, the AWANA uniform, the AWANA child handbooks, the AWANA CDs, and more. (The registration fee is waived if a parent or guardian volunteers on Wednesday evening.) To learn more, to register a child and/or to volunteer, visit socc.org/kids.
- Sherwood Kids! Prayer Sunday is on January 16. Prayer is one of the most important things we can do as followers of Jesus. We want to talk with Jesus first in every situation, good or bad. So, in every SK! area on January 16 during the 9:30 and 11:00 services, the kids and volunteers will spend the entire service hour learning about and practicing the spiritual discipline of prayer. If you have any questions, please email us at .
- The Sherwood Kids Cyber Ethics, Security, and Safety Workshop is on January 23 from 11:00am-12:30pm. If you have kids in grades 3-5, please join us on January 23 as we explore ways to be wise Jesus-followers in the cyber world. Lunch will be provided. To learn more and to register, visit socc.org/kids.
- Joining God's Family class will begin on Sunday, February 6, during the 11:00 service. Visit www.socc.org/kids to learn more and to register.
- The next Parents Night Out will be on Friday, February 11, from 5:30pm-8:30pm. Visit www.socc.org/kids for more information and to register.
- The Sherwood Kids! team is currently looking for a part-time Early Childhood Coordinator who would serve families and volunteers through the Early Childhood Ministry. (This position also has potential to be full-time.) If you know someone who would like to apply, please tell them to send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Stephen Figert at . Interviews will begin at the end of January and will continue until the position is filled.
- The Sherwood Kids! team is currently looking for a part-time Elementary Small-Groups Coordinator who would serve families and volunteers through the Elementary Ministry. If you know someone who would like to apply, please tell them to send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Stephen Figert at . Interviews will begin at the end of January and will continue until the position is filled.
If you would like more information about the goings-on in Sherwood Kids!, please feel free to visit out webpage (socc.org/kids), follow us on Instagram (@sherwoodkids_east), and join our Facebook page (Sherwood Kids!). As always, please don't hesitate to contact us at if you have any questions or concerns.