Happy New Year! Check out the following important news to learn how to get connected this month in Sherwood Kids:
- Sherwood Kids! Sunday Morning Gatherings include a large-group time and a small-group time during the 9:30 and 11:00 services. Kids can participate in their small group in person or virtually. To join a small group virtually, register for the "Hangout" at socc.org/kids.
- Power Up with Prayer. Each week this ministry year, your kids can participate in Sherwood Oak's "Year of Prayer." Simply pick up a "Power Up with Prayer" poster for each of your kids. (They are available for pick-up at the East campus on Sunday mornings and throughout the week.) Then, follow the weekly prayer prompts at socc.org/kids and on Instagram and Facebook.
- Prayer Week begins on Sunday, January 3. Prayer is one of the most important things we can do as followers of Jesus. We want to talk with Jesus first in every situation, good or bad. So, during the 9:30 and 11:00 services in every SK! area on January 3, the kids and volunteers will spend the entire service hour learning about and practicing the spiritual discipline of prayer. Then, throughout the week, we will provide activities to encourage and equip families to pray together at home. You will be able to access these activities via our webpage (socc.org/kids), Instagram (sherwoodkids_east), and Facebook (Sherwood Kids!). If you have any questions, please email us at .
- The Sherwood Kids Cyber Ethics, Security, and Safety Workshop is on January 24 from 11:00am-12:30pm. If you have kids in grades 3-5, please join us on January 24 as we explore ways to be wise Jesus-followers in the cyber world. To learn more and to register, visit socc.org/kids.
- Sherwood Kids! Bible Reading Week begins on Sunday, January 31. Reading the Bible is an important part of growing in our relationship with God. During the 9:30 and 11:00 services in every SK! area on January 31, the kids and volunteers will spend the entire service hour learning about and practicing the spiritual discipline of reading God's Word. Then, throughout the week, we will provide activities to encourage and equip families to read the Bible together at home. You will be able to access these activities via our webpage (socc.org/kids), Instagram (sherwoodkids_east), and Facebook (Sherwood Kids!). If you have any questions, please email us at .
- Joining God's Family class will begin on Sunday, February 7, during the 11:00 service. This four-week class will take place in Room 204. Visit www.socc.org/kids to learn more and to register.
- SAVE THE DATE! Sherwood Kids will host a Parents Night Out -OR- Family Night In on Friday, February 12. Check socc.org/kids in the next couple of weeks for more information and to register.
- Check out SK! Online Resources on Facebook, on Instagram, and at socc.org/kids! Show-N-Tell videos, Ask & Seek videos, Story Time videos, Conversations along the Road videos, and Faith Tools are all resources designed to help families to grow in their relationship with Jesus and stay connected with our faith community.
- Since Monroe County is still in an orange status, the Sherwood Kids team has decided to postpone resuming AWANA and Kids Choir until August of 2021. We, however, would be delighted to provide the AWANA handbooks to any of you who would like to use them to have a Bible study at home during the spring semester. If you're interested, simply email us at to let us know.
If you would like more information about the goings-on in Sherwood Kids!, please feel free to visit out webpage (socc.org/kids), follow us on Instagram (@sherwoodkids_east), and join our Facebook page (Sherwood Kids!). As always, please don't hesitate to contact us at if you have any questions or concerns.