Happy New Year! As we look forward to the new opportunities that are ahead of us in 2021, let's take a moment to look back and reflect on what God accomplished through the Sherwood Kids West ministry in 2020:
- Incredible Wednesday night experience with small groups/interest groups for kids to learn how to use their gifts, skills, and interests to glorify God and bless others
- Joining God’s Family Class, helping 8 kids go deeper in their relationship with Jesus on a path toward salvation
- Porch visits and Zoom discussions with kids and weekly devotional and prayer time with volunteers
- 5th grade SuperStart conference and Graduation Parade
- Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt which shared the resurrection story and gospel message with our community
- Safely re-opening our in-person Sherwood Kids Sunday morning classes with average 60% attendance compared to normal, and several new families joining
- Launching aligned curriculum so kids and parents can share spiritual conversations at home
- Launching the Power Up With Prayer initiative
- Drive-thru Trunk or Treat, blessing our community with a safe, fun experience
- 24 Boxes packed for Operation Christmas Child to share the love of Jesus around the world
- An AMAZING Christmas program where the kids shared the love and hope we have in Jesus
In a year filled with obstacles and challenges, God was unstoppable as always! It is our honor and privilege to serve your kids and your family through this ministry in Jesus’ name.
On to 2021! Here’s what you can look forward to in January:
- Sunday classes are in-person at 9:30 and 11:00am for newborns through 5th grade. Masks are required for kids over age 3. For more details, visit socc.org/kidswest
- Power Up With Prayer – Poster 2! Each week this ministry year, your kids can participate in Sherwood Oaks’ "Year of Prayer." We’re on Poster 2 of our 3-poster series! You can grab one on Sunday morning at the SK Welcome Center or during the week at Sherwood Oaks East.
- Follow the Power Up prompts which will be posted on our social media each week.
- Color in the corresponding color on your poster to track the growth in your child’s prayer life!
- January 31 – 5th Sunday: Typically, on 5th Sundays, our Elementary Kids join the main service to experience worship with their families; However, on January 31 we will be offering class and a service project opportunity for our Elementary Kids during both morning services. (The sermon content for that day is a bit mature, so it might be best for kids to be in a more age-appropriate environment that Sunday. Feel free to contact us with questions!)
- We will not be offering any midweek children’s programming or childcare this semester. We will re-evaluate our county’s advisory status at the end of the semester with the hopes of re-gathering midweek in August 2021.
- Mom2Mom starts January 25! This is a great opportunity for moms to connect with other moms and be encouraged on your motherhood journey. Check out https://www.socc.org/women/ for more details or to register.