Hope you all are having a good summer and are looking forward to this 4th of July weekend! Check out the following information to see what's going on in Sherwood Kids:
- Sunday-morning in-person worship gatherings resume on July 12! Feel free to join us in person during the 8:00, 9:30, or 11:00 service or continue to join us online during the 8:00 or 9:30 service. In-person children's programming will not be available, so children will need to remain with their families. For more information, visit socc.org/regather.
- Save the Date: SK! Sunday-morning in-person gatherings are currently scheduled to resume on August 9. Our current plan is to responsibly follow guidelines provided by the CDC and local health department. We recognize, however, that there will still be a risk of COVID-19 transmission in our programs and that some of you may not feel comfortable allowing your kiddos to participate in person. So, we are also exploring a hybrid approach to small groups that would give your kids the option of participating in person or online. We will have more information in the next few weeks.
- Volunteers needed for the fall Semester (August-December)! We are searching for volunteers who will love kids and help them grow in their relationship with Jesus, especially during this uniquely challenging season for kids and their families. If you are interested in joining the SK! volunteer team or would like to learn more about our volunteer roles, please email us at or use any of the email addresses listed below.
- Check out the SK! Online Resources at socc.org/kids! The Hangout, Teachable Moments, Faith Tools, and Story Time are all resources designed to help families to grow in their relationship with Jesus and stay connected with our faith community.
- Join a Life Group. This is a great way for your family to continue to participate in our faith community through small-group gatherings. For more information, email Allen Burris ( ) or Nancy Barrow ( ).
If you would like more information about the goings-on in Sherwood Kids!, please feel free to visit our webpage (socc.org/kids), follow us on Instagram (@sherwoodkids_east), and join our Facebook page (Sherwood Kids!). As always, please don't hesitate to contact us at if you have any questions or concerns.