As we all learn more about and adapt to the "new normal," the Sherwood Kids! team realizes that children's ministry could look very different this next ministry year. Please know, though, that we are committed to finding ways to equip you--the parents and guardians--to help your kiddos continue to grow in their relationship with Jesus. So, check out the information below to stay updated and learn about what resources are available to you:
- The SK! Hangout is every Sunday after the 9:30 service! This virtual meeting is a place where kids can connect with each other and their leaders after the worship service. Visit socc.org/kids to learn more and to register.
- The next SK! Parent Chat is Wednesday, June 3! This monthly virtual meeting is a place where parents can work together to overcome the challenges our families are facing in this "new normal." To learn more and to register, visit socc.org/kids.
- "Teachable Moments" devotionals are posted on social media and at socc.org/kids every Monday.
- "Faith Tools" are posted on social media and at socc.org/kids every Wednesday. These are activities that help kids process the content in the sermon for the upcoming Sunday. We also provide supplies for these activities outside Door 4 at the Bloomington East Campus every Thursday and Friday. For more information, visit socc.org/kids.
- SK! Story Time Videos are posted on social media and at socc.org/kids every Thursday. Check out the object lessons for elementary kids, book readings for early childhood kids, and more!
- "Tuesday Takeovers" on social media. Follow SK! on social media to see what staff members and volunteers do when they take over the SK! social media accounts.
- The kids have officially graduated to the next age group. When we gather at the church facility again, please check your child's name tag to make sure he/she is in the correct age group.
- The Upward Soccer 2020 season has been cancelled. We're definitely going to miss you all this year and hope to still have the Upward Basketball and Cheerleading 2021 season. We'll keep you updated.
- Sunday Morning Worship Service each week at 8:00am and 9:30 at socc.tv. Please take this opportunity each week for your family to grow and share together through the online service.
- Join a Life Group. This is a great way for your family to continue to participate in the church community through small-group gatherings. For more information, email Allen Burris ( ) or Nancy Barrow ( ).
- Safe Families is an organization in town that is matching donations up to $1000! That's doubling your gift! For more information, click here.
If you would like more information about the goings-on in Sherwood Kids!, please feel free to visit our webpage (socc.org/kids), follow us on Instagram (@sherwoodkids_east), and join our Facebook page (Sherwood Kids!). As always, please don't hesitate to contact us at , if you have any questions or concerns.