|Hi, Sherwood Kids West Families!
We have a LOT of information to share with you for this month (and beyond) as we settle into this “new normal” for a little while longer. Below you’ll see resources and opportunities that you can use to help your kids grow in their relationship with Jesus and fellowship with others in our community. All of these resources can be found on our webpage, socc.org/kidswest.
We hope you’ll find these resources helpful and useful in the coming weeks! If you have any questions, contact Becky at
- The SK! Hangout begins after the 9:30 service this Sunday, May 10! This virtual meeting is a place where kids can connect with each other and their leaders after the worship service. Kids will start in a large, all-campus Zoom meeting and then be divided into small groups for discussion based on campus and age/grade. Click Here to learn more and to register.
- "Teachable Moments" devotionals are posted on social media and at socc.org/kidswest every Monday.
- "Tuesday Takeovers" on social media. Follow Sherwood Kids West on Facebook and Instagram to see “a day in the life” of various staff members and volunteers when they take over the SK! West stories for the day!
- "Faith Tools" will be posted to social media and socc.org/kidswest on Wednesdays. These are activities that help kids process the content in the sermon for the upcoming Sunday. Supplies for the activities are available outside Door 4 at the Bloomington East Campus every Thursday and Friday. For more information, visit socc.org/kidswest.
- SK West Virtual Meet-Up is on Wednesdays at 6:30pm. All kids can join us on Zoom for fun and games, and a follow-up discussion from Sunday’s Children’s Message. (Meeting ID: 910 2559 8967 | Password: 075693)
- SK! Story Time Videos are posted on social media and socc.org/kidswest every Thursday. Each week a different member of the Sherwood Kids West volunteer team will be reading a story from The Jesus Storybook Bible for kids to see a familiar face and learn about Jesus.
- Starting this week, 5th Graders can begin joining Hannah and the impact Youth Group on Zoom! They meet at 11:30am on Sundays (Meeting ID: 955 7146 0725 | Password: 6Fp6fR), and 7:00pm on Wednesdays (Meeting ID: 161 720 412 | Password: 5eQDq9). Questions? Contact Hannah at
- Save the date for a Parade on Monday, June 1, from 10:00am-11:00am, at the Bloomington West Campus. This will be an opportunity to celebrate 5th graders, 8th graders, and HS seniors as they graduate/promote! More information coming soon at socc.org/kidswest.
- Sunday Morning Worship Service each week at 8:00am and 9:30 at socc.tv and Facebook Live. Please take this opportunity each week for your family to grow and share together through the online service.
- Join a Life Group. This is a great way for your family to continue to experience church community especially in a time of physical distancing. For more information, email Allen Burris (
) or Nancy Barrow (
Keep up the great work, parents! You’re all rockstars in our eyes!