The holiday season is around the corner, and we're looking forward to sharing it with you all! So, check out the following important news to learn about upcoming family-friendly events and programs:
- Sherwood Kids' Pajama Day is this Sunday! Set your clocks back an hour before you go to bed on Saturday and wear your favorite pajamas to church on Sunday.
- Collections for Operation Gratitude. We will collect your extra Halloween candy and send it to our troops overseas through the Operation Gratitude program. It's a simple way to encourage our troops! Collection bins will be located in each Sherwood Kids' area and you can drop it off at the church office until Wednesday, November 7.
- Upward Basketball and Cheerleading evaluations are on November 15th (at the gym at Bloomington East) and 17th (at the gym at the Crestmont Boys and Girls Club)! To learn more and to register, visit www.socc.org/upward
- The Christmas FX (Family eXperience) will be in the gym on December 2 during the 9:30 and 11:00 services. This is a great opportunity for families to grow and share together during the Christmas season! For more information, visit www.socc.org/kids.
- The next Parents' Night Out will be on Friday, December 7, from 5:30pm-8:30pm. Visit www.socc.org/kids for more information and to register.
- The Sherwood Kids Choir will perform the musical The Christmas Express in the Worship Center on December 9 during the 9:30 and 11:00 services.
- The Sherwood Kids! staff has a new member! Katie Bishop has accepted the position as the Sherwood Kids Elementary Coordinator. We are thrilled to have such an outgoing and caring leader in this role. When you see her in the halls, give her a big welcome.
- Sherwood Oaks is hiring! Currently, there are three positions available--graphic designer, custodian, and high school minister. If you (or someone you know) are interested in filling any of these roles, please visit socc.org/jobs for more information and to apply.
As always, please don't hesitate to contact us at if you have any questions or concerns.