The holiday season is around the corner, and we're looking forward to sharing it with you all! So, check out the following important news to learn about upcoming family-friendly events and programs:
- Sherwood Kids! Sunday Morning Gatherings include a large-group time and a small-group time during the 9:30 and 11:00 services. Kids can participate in their small group in person or virtually. To join a small group virtually, register for the "Hangout" at socc.org/kids.
- Power Up with Prayer. Each week this ministry year, your kids can participate in Sherwood Oak's "Year of Prayer." Simply pick up a "Power Up with Prayer" poster for each of your kids. (They are available for pick-up at the East campus on Sunday mornings and throughout the week.) Then, follow the weekly prayer prompts at socc.org/kids and on social media.
- Sherwood Kids! Christmas Family Sunday is in the gym on December 6 during the 9:30 and 11:00 services. Family Sunday is a bi-annual opportunity for families to learn about and worship God together through interactive Bible teaching and high-energy praise music. So, bring some friends, invite your neighbors, and join us this Family Sunday as we celebrate Jesus' birth! Please note that all preschoolers through 5th graders will attend the Family Sunday service in the gym. (There will be regular programming for kids ages birth through three years old only.) Also, as always, please print security tags for your family so that we can ensure kids leave with the right people. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at
- Instead of a Parents Night Out, we're having a Family Night In on Friday, December 11. Arrive any time from 6:00pm-7:00pm to play a round of putt-putt in the church and receive a Family Night In kit to have a movie night at home. Visit www.socc.org/kids for more information and to register.
- The 5th and 6th graders from the Sherwood Kids Choir will perform a musical in the Worship Center on December 13 during the 9:30 and 11:00 services. (There will be regular programming for kids ages birth through three years old only.)
- Check out SK! Online Resources at socc.org/kids! Show-N-Tell videos, Ask & Seek videos, Story Time videos, Conversations along the Road videos, and Faith Tools are all resources designed to help families to grow in their relationship with Jesus and stay connected with our faith community.
- WANTED! Every SK! area is in great need of more volunteers who will spend one hour every week or every other week for the fall semester (August-December) building relationships with a small group of kids and helping them grow in their relationship with Jesus. Please contact Stephen Figert ( ) to learn more about joining the SK! volunteer team.
If you would like more information about the goings-on in Sherwood Kids!, please feel free to visit out webpage (socc.org/kids), follow us on Instagram (@sherwoodkids_east), and join our Facebook page (Sherwood Kids!). As always, please don't hesitate to contact us at if you have any questions or concerns.