Check out the following important news to learn how to stay connected:
- Nursery Lock Down beginning on Sunday, October 6. In an effort to secure the Nursery area on Sundays (like the Early Childhood area and Elementary area), the doors to the Nursery area will be locked during the 9:30 and 11:00 worship services. (The doors will be open for drop off before the services and pick up after the services.)
- "What's Next?" Nursery Parenting Workshop at Bloomington East this Sunday, October 6, from 11:00am-1:30pm. This parenting workshop is one of 4 workshops designed to encourage intentional, Christ-centered parenting in each phase of a child's life (i.e., Nursery, Early Childhood, Elementary, and Jr. High). If you have kids new to or about to enter the nursery phase (0-24 months old), please join us on October 6 as we look ahead to this phase and work together to prepare for it. Lunch will be provided. To learn more or to register, visit socc.org/kids. (Note: The other 3 workshops focus on the other three phases respectively. The Early Childhood workshop will be offered in August, Elementary in May, and Jr. High in March.)
- Family Commitment at Bloomington East will be on Sunday, October 27, during the 9:30 and 11:00 services. Registration deadline is October 14. To learn more and to register, visit socc.org/kids.
- Upward Basketball and Cheerleading registration is now open! Visit www.socc.org/upward to learn more.
- Trunk or Treat will be in the upper parking lot at Bloomington East on Friday, October 25, from 6:30pm-7:30pm. Trunk set-up will begin at 6:00pm. For more information and to register, visit www.socc.org/kids.
- Pajama Day will be on Sunday, November 3. To participate, set your clocks back an hour on Saturday night and let your kids wear their favorite pajamas to church the next morning.
- Need more childcare workers. Each week the children's ministry receives numerous requests from ministries needing childcare for their meetings at the church. To fulfill these requests, the children's ministry has created a group of paid childcare workers, but we currently need more people in the group. To qualify to be a paid childcare worker for the church, you need to be at least 14 years old and an active volunteer in the children's ministry. If you qualify and are interested in joining the group, simply contact Kelly Pitner at to sign up.
If you would like more information about the goings-on in Sherwood Kids!, feel free to visit our webpage (socc.org/kids), follow us on Instagram (sherwoodkids_east), and join our Facebook page (Sherwood Kids!). As always, please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.