Check out the following important news to learn how to stay connected:
- Sherwood Kids! Sunday Morning Gatherings include a large-group time and a small-group time during the 9:30 and 11:00 services. Kids can participate in their small group in person or virtually. To join a small group virtually, register for the "Hangout" at socc.org/kids.
- Power Up with Prayer. Each week this ministry year, your kids can participate in Sherwood Oak's "Year of Prayer." Simply pick up a "Power Up with Prayer" poster for each of your kids. (They are available for pick-up at the East campus on Sunday mornings and throughout the week.) Then, follow the weekly prayer prompts at socc.org/kids and on social media.
- Family Commitment Sunday at Bloomington East has been cancelled this year. If you have any questions or would like for us contact you about the next Family Commitment Sunday, email us at
- The Upward Basketball and Cheerleading 2021 season has been cancelled. We're definitely going to miss you and hope to open registration for Upward Soccer in the summer of 2021.
- The Trunk or Treat Drive Through will be throughout the parking lot at Bloomington East on Friday, October 30, from 6:30pm-7:30pm. Trunk set-up will begin at 5:45pm. For more information and to register, visit www.socc.org/kids.
- Pajama Day will be on Sunday, November 1. To participate, set your clocks back an hour on Saturday night and let your kids wear their favorite pajamas to church the next morning.
- Register for a SK! Core Group. These groups are designed to provide a safe space for kids to connect with other kids and study God's Word. Register at socc.org/kids.
- Conversations along the Road videos are posted at socc.org/kids and on Instagram (sherwoodkids_east) and Facebook (Sherwood Kids!) every 1st and 3rd Friday of the month. Join Adrienne Garrison--a parent in our church family--on her journey to learn more about having challenging conversations with kids. The next video will be posted this Friday, October 2.
- Participate in SK! Online Resources at socc.org/kids! Show-N-Tell videos, Ask & Seek videos, Story Time videos, and Faith Tools are all resources designed to help families to grow in their relationship with Jesus and stay connected with our faith community.
- SK! Porch Visits. The SK! staff and volunteers have missed seeing your kiddos and would love to schedule a time to stop by your home to say Hi and deliver a little goodie bag. (We would stay outside and follow the health department's guidelines for masks and social distancing.) If you would like to schedule a porch visit, please fill out the form at socc.org/kids.
- Join a Life Group. This is a great way for your family to continue to participate in our faith community through small-group gatherings. For more information, email Allen Burris ( ) or Nancy Barrow ( ).
- The Sherwood Kids! staff has a new member! Anna Dunn has accepted the position as the Sherwood Kids Nursery Coordinator. We are thrilled to have such an organized, intentional, and caring leader in this role. When you see her in the halls, give her a big welcome.
- WANTED! Every SK! area is in great need of more volunteers who will spend one hour every week or every other week for the fall semester (August-December) building relationships with a small group of kids and helping them grow in their relationship with Jesus. Please contact Stephen Figert ( ) to learn more about joining the SK! volunteer team.
If you would like more information about the goings-on in Sherwood Kids!, feel free to visit our webpage (socc.org/kids), follow us on Instagram (sherwoodkids_east), and join our Facebook page (Sherwood Kids!). As always, please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.