We have some great things going on this month! Here’s what you need to know for September:
- In-Person Children’s Programming is happening on Sundays at 9:30am and 11:00am. We love seeing more and more of you each week! Hope you can join us soon. For re-gathering details, visit our website. If you’re interested a hybrid/virtual option for Sunday mornings, please email Becky at . If there is enough interest, we would be happy to engage with your kids that way!
- Power Up With Prayer. Today we launched our year of prayer initiative with Sherwood Kids! We are going to POWER UP our relationship with Jesus by spending time in prayer - listening to God, praising Him, asking Him to guide our lives and help us be more like Jesus! HOW TO POWER UP:
- Follow the Power Up prompts which will be posted on our website and social media each Sunday. (Links below)
- Pick up a poster from your local Sherwood Oaks campus. Color it in as we go along to keep track of how much you're growing in your faith walk with Jesus!
- Ask and Seek Videos. Kids have so many questions about God, the Bible, the church: who wrote the Bible, why do we sing at church, is God a person, what are angel wings made out of, did Jesus eat pork, etc. etc., etc. In the spirit of what Jesus says in Matthew 7:7, the Ask & Seek videos create a space for your kids to ask questions and find answers. So, ask your child if he/she has any questions, then use the form at socc.org/kids to submit the questions to us. We'll make and post a SK! Ask & Seek video that answers your child's question.
- SK! West Core Groups. These groups are designed to provide a safe space for kids to connect with other kids. Register at socc.org/kidswest, and we'll place your child in a group that suits his/her interests and availability. Interested in leading a Core Group? Click Here.
- Weekly Curriculum. We are working hard this year to align our teaching content across all ages. Starting this month, the sermon content, Early Childhood lessons, Elementary lessons and midweek study will now have similar scripture and themes. Use this to your advantage! This is a great way to start spiritual conversations in the car ride home, or while you’re eating lunch or dinner, etc.
If you have any questions, please reach out! Email Becky at .
Keep up to date at socc.org/kidswest. Follow us on Facebook (@sherwoodkidswest) and Instagram (@sherwoodkids_west)