Read John 1.
- How did John describe Jesus?
- What does this passage teach about John the Baptist?
- How do we become God's children?
- What did John do to encourage people to focus on Jesus instead of himself?
- How did Andrew, John, Simon, Philip, and Nathanael respond to John the Baptist's testimony about Jesus?
Questions and Activities for Kids and Families
- Reflect: John the Baptist came to tell others that Jesus was coming! In verses 1-9 we see Jesus referred to as the "Light" of the world.
- Ask: What other words are used to describe Jesus in Chapter 1? (Word, Light, Lamb, Rabbi, Messiah, Christ, Son of God, King of Israel, Son of Man)
- Activity: Choose one of the above descriptions of Jesus and bring it to life through a picture or craft! For example, if you choose "Light" you could draw a picture with white or yellow crayons on black paper.
- Why was John the Baptist so important? (1:6)
- Why did the religious leaders question John the Baptist (1:19-23)?
- What did the spirit (coming) down from heaven as a dove mean in connection with Jesus? (1:32)