Read John 10.
- Who are the sheep?
- Who is the shepherd?
- Who are the thieves and robbers?
- In what ways is Jesus the model shepherd?
- How is Jesus the Gate?
- Why do people-sheep follow Jesus?
- Reflect: Jesus uses a metaphor about sheep in this chapter. Look again at verses 14-15.
- Ask: Who are the sheep Jesus refers to? What does Jesus mean when He says He lays down His life for His sheep?
- Activity: “Hide and Sheep” –One player is the “Shepherd,” and all other players are the “Sheep.” The Sheep find good hiding places, and the Shepherd tries to find them. When a sheep is found, that sheep will join with the Shepherd in finding the rest of the sheep.
- Why couldn’t people understand Jesus’ figures of speech? (10:6)
- What’s the difference between a shepherd and a hired hand? (10:11-13)