Read John 11.
- Why didn't Jesus go to Lazarus as soon as he got word his friend was sick?
- What did Martha say to Jesus when he arrived after Lazarus had died?
- How is Jesus "the resurrection and the life?"
- How did Jesus respond to Mary's mourning?
- How did Jesus raise Lazarus from the dead?
- What were the people's reactions to Jesus' raising Lazarus from the dead?
- Reflect: In verses 1-44, we read about the miracle of Jesus bringing his friend Lazarus back from the dead. Verse 35 (the shortest verse in the whole Bible) says, “Jesus wept.” Lazarus was a good friend of Jesus, and Jesus showed his humanness by crying at the loss of His friend.
- Ask: When was a time you were really sad? How does it make you feel knowing that Jesus has also experienced sadness?
- Activity: Spend some time praying about something that makes you sad. Ask God to comfort you in your sadness. Thank Jesus for understanding how you feel.
- How can sickness be for God’s glory? (11:4)
- What did Martha know about the resurrection and about the Messiah? (11:24 and 27)
- Why did Jesus weep if He was going to raise Lazarus? (11:35)