Read John 3.
- Why did Nicodemus go to see Jesus?
- What does it mean to be born again?
- How did Jesus' illustrations help explain the new birth?
- Why did God send his Son, Jesus, to Earth?
- How did John view Jesus?
Sherwood Kids Questions & Activities:
- Reflect: Read John 3:16 again! It’s the whole story of God’s good news (gospel) summed up in one verse!
- Ask: What does God promise to those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God who saves us from our sins? (Eternal life with God in heaven.) What does eternal mean?
- Activity: John 3:16 is one of the most memorized verses ever! Practice saying this verse together as a family until everyone has it memorized. Make it fun by adding motions, singing it as a song, or saying it in silly voices.
- What does it mean to be born again (3:3)?
- What does it mean to be born of water and the spirit?