Read John 6.
- Why were people following Jesus?
- How did Jesus react to them?
- What did the miracle of feeding the crowd teach about Jesus?
- How did the crowd respond to this miracle?
- What happened on the Sea of Galilee?
- What did this miracle teach about Jesus?
- Reflect: In this chapter we read about Jesus’ miracle of feeding over 5000 people with just 5 small loaves of bread and 2 fish. Then Jesus refers to himself as the Bread of Life, “He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.” Look back and count how many times the word bread (or loaves) is used in this chapter.
- Ask: What does Jesus mean when he calls himself the bread of life? What is something we do at church that reminds us of Jesus’ body and blood? (Communion, The Lord’s Supper)
- Activity: Have a themed snack today to remind you of the Bible passage. Maybe you don’t have loaves and fish, but maybe you have crackers and goldfish, or 5 carrots and 2 strawberries… Be creative!
- Why did Jesus test Philip? (6:6)