Read John 8.
- Why did the religious leaders bring the adulterous woman to Jesus?
- How did Jesus' attitude toward her differ from theirs?
- What did Jesus mean when he said he is the "light of the world?"
- What witnesses did Jesus offer to prove his words were true?
- What does knowing the truth do for us?
- Why did Jesus say religious leaders weren't Abraham's children?
-Reflect: When the crowd was planning to stone the woman who had sinned, Jesus tells them, “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her,” and no one threw any stones! Think about the lesson Jesus was trying to teach the crowd that day.
Ask: Is anyone without sin? Who was the last person left standing with the woman, and what did he do?
Activity: Stone Painting – Find a rock or stone and give it some new life! You can paint a cross, the word FORGIVENESS, or decorate it in any way that reminds you of today’s lesson.
- Why (and what) did Jesus write on the ground? (8:6)
- Why could only someone without sin cast the first stone? (8:7)