Fall programming is around the corner! Check out the following important news to learn how to stay connected:
- Sherwood Kids Bloomington East Pool Party on August 3. Invite an unchurched neighbor and join us for food and fun before school begins! We've invited several food trucks to start serving food at 6:00pm in the parking lot at Bryan Park Pool, and we've rented the pool from 7:00pm-9:00pm (slides included). No registration is necessary. (Admission to the pool is free; food is not.) If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at .
- FX (Family eXperience) at Bloomington East on August 5. FX is an opportunity for families at Sherwood Oaks to learn about and worship God together. It’s an inter-generational worship service that uses fun drama skits, high-energy praise music, and interactive Bible teaching to show kids and adults alike how God is working in them to change the world around them. So, bring some family friends, invite your neighbors, and join us in the gym during the 9:30 or 11:00 service! Please note that all preschoolers through 5th graders will attend the FX with their families. (There will be regular programming for kids ages birth through three years old only.) Also, as always, please print security tags for your family so that we can ensure kids leave with the right people. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at
- AWANA and Kids Choir at Bloomington East begins on August 22. Every Wednesday from 6:00pm-7:30pm (yes, we changed the program time), Sparks and T&T will meet in the gym and Cubbies will meet in the Early Childhood Suite. During this time the kids will participate in a dynamic, gospel-centered program, do various service projects, and prepare to perform a Christmas musical. The registration fee is $30 per child, and it covers all the expenses for the 9-month program--the musical t-shirts, the choir CDs, the AWANA uniform, the AWANA child handbooks, the AWANA CDs, and more. (The registration fee is waived if a parent or guardian volunteers on Wednesday evenings.) To learn more, to register a child and/or to volunteer, visit www.socc.org/kids.
- Joining God's Family class will begin on Sunday, September 9, during the 11:00 service. This four-week class will take place in room 204. To register, visit www.socc.org/kids.
- WANTED! Every SK! area is in great need of more volunteers who will spend one hour every week or every other week for the fall semester (August-December) building relationships with a small group of kids and helping them grow in their understanding of who God is. Please contact Stephen Figert ( ) to learn more about joining the SK! volunteer team.
- The Sherwood Kids! staff has a new member! Sarah Miller has accepted the position as the Sherwood Kids Production Coordinator. We are thrilled to have such an enthusiastic and creative leader in this role. When you see her in the halls, give her a big welcome.
If you would like more information about the goings-on in Sherwood Kids!, feel free to visit our webpage (socc.org/kids), follow us on Instagram (sherwood_kids), and join our Facebook page (Sherwood Kids!). As always, please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.