Fall programming is around the corner! Check out the following important news to learn how to stay connected:
- Sherwood Kids! Prayer Sunday is on August 8. Prayer is one of the most important things we can do as followers of Jesus. We want to talk with Jesus first in every situation, good or bad. So, in every SK! area on August 8 during the 9:30 and 11:00 services, the kids and volunteers will spend the entire service hour learning about and practicing the spiritual discipline of prayer. If you have any questions, please email us at .
- "What's Next?" Early Childhood Parenting Workshop on August 29 from 11:00am-1:30pm. This parenting workshop is one of 4 workshops designed to encourage intentional, Christ-centered parenting in each phase of a child's life (i.e., Nursery, Early Childhood, Elementary, and Jr. High). If you have kids new to or about to enter the early childhood phase (2-5 years old), please join us on August 29 as we look ahead to this phase and work together to prepare for it. Lunch will be provided. To learn more or to register, visit socc.org/kids. (Note: The other 3 workshops focus on the other three phases respectively. The Nursery workshop will be offered in October, Jr. High in March, and Elementary in May.)
- AWANA and Kids Choir begins on August 25. This program will meet in the gym every Wednesday from 6:00pm-7:30pm. During this time the kids will participate in a dynamic, gospel-centered program and prepare for several choir performances. The registration fee is $30 per child, and it covers all the expenses for the 9-month program--the musical t-shirts, the choir CDs, the AWANA uniform, the AWANA child handbooks, the AWANA CDs, and more. (The registration fee is waived if a parent or guardian volunteers on Wednesday evening.) To learn more, to register a child and/or to volunteer, visit socc.org/kids.
- Joining God's Family class will begin on Sunday, September 5, during the 11:00 service. This four-week class will take place in room 040. To register, visit www.socc.org/kids.
- WANTED! Every SK! area is looking for more volunteers who will spend one hour every week or every other week for the fall semester (August-December) building relationships with a small group of kids and helping them grow in their relationship with Jesus. Please contact Stephen Figert ( ) to learn more about joining the SK! volunteer team.
- Check out SK! Online Resources on Facebook, on Instagram, and at socc.org/kids! Show-N-Tell videos, Ask & Seek videos, Story Time videos, Conversations along the Road videos, and Faith Tools are all resources designed to help families to grow in their relationship with Jesus and stay connected with our faith community.
If you would like more information about the goings-on in Sherwood Kids!, please feel free to visit our webpage (socc.org/kids), follow us on Instagram (@sherwoodkids_east), and join our Facebook page (Sherwood Kids!). As always, please don't hesitate to contact us at if you have any questions or concerns.