Fall programming is around the corner! Check out the following important news to learn how to stay connected:
- Sherwood Kids! Pool Party on August 2. Invite an unchurched neighbor or friend and join us at the pool before school begins! We've rented the pool from 7:30pm-9:30pm (slides included). No registration is necessary. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at .
- Sherwood Kids! Family Sunday is in the gym on August 4 during the 9:30 and 11:00 services. Family Sunday is a bi-annual opportunity for families to learn about and worship God together through interactive Bible teaching and high-energy praise music. So, bring some friends, invite your neighbors, and join us this Family Sunday as we kick off the school year exploring what the Bible says about trusting God! Please note that all preschoolers through 5th graders will attend the Family Sunday service in the gym. (There will be regular programming for kids ages birth through three years old only.) Also, as always, please print security tags for your family so that we can ensure kids leave with the right people. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at
- Sherwood Kids! Prayer Sunday is on August 11. Prayer is one of the most important things we can do as followers of Jesus. We want to talk with Jesus first in every situation, good or bad. So, in every SK! area on August 11 during the 9:30 and 11:00 services, the kids and volunteers will spend the entire service hour learning about and practicing the spiritual discipline of prayer. If you have any questions, please email us at .
- "What's Next?" Early Childhood Parenting Workshop on August 18 from 11:00am-1:30pm. This parenting workshop is one of 4 workshops designed to encourage intentional, Christ-centered parenting in each phase of a child's life (i.e., Nursery, Early Childhood, Elementary, and Jr. High). If you have kids new to or about to enter the early childhood phase (2-5 years old), please join us on August 18 as we look ahead to this phase and work together to prepare for it. Lunch will be provided. To learn more or to register, visit socc.org/kids. (Note: The other 3 workshops focus on the other three phases respectively. The Nursery workshop will be offered in October, Jr. High in March, and Elementary in May.)
- Join Cub Scout Pack 164 on Tuesday August 20th at 6:30 in the Fellowship Hall at Bloomington East to learn about the fun of Scouting! Open to kids in Kindergarten through 5th grade, Cub Scouts learn about the great outdoors, faith and citizenship through activities like camping, hiking, crafts and sports! For more information e-mail
- AWANA and Kids Choir begins on August 28. This program will meet in the gym every Wednesday from 6:00pm-7:30pm. During this time the kids will participate in a dynamic, gospel-centered program and prepare for several choir performances. The registration fee is $30 per child, and it covers all the expenses for the 9-month program--the musical t-shirts, the choir CDs, the AWANA uniform, the AWANA child handbooks, the AWANA CDs, and more. (The registration fee is waived if a parent or guardian volunteers on Wednesday evening.) To learn more, to register a child and/or to volunteer, visit socc.org/kids.
- Joining God's Family class will begin on Sunday, September 8, during the 11:00 service. This four-week class will take place in room 204. To register, visit www.socc.org/kids.
- WANTED! Every SK! area is in great need of more volunteers who will spend one hour every week or every other week for the fall semester (August-December) building relationships with a small group of kids and helping them grow in their relationship with Jesus. Please contact Stephen Figert ( ) to learn more about joining the SK! volunteer team.
If you would like more information about the goings-on in Sherwood Kids!, feel free to visit our webpage (socc.org/kids), follow us on Instagram (sherwoodkids_east), and join our Facebook page (Sherwood Kids!). As always, please don't hesitate to contact us at if you have any questions or concerns.