To learn what's happening in the children's ministry at Sherwood Oaks Christian Church, check out the information below:
- Sherwood Kids! Pajama Sunday is on March 8. Set your clocks to Daylight Savings Time and plan to let your kids wear their pajamas to church.
- Save the date! VBX Block Parties 2020 will be on June 1-5. Times and locations will vary. Trainings for site leaders will take place at the beginning of April and May. For more information or to register to be a site leader or volunteer, visit socc.org/kids. (Child registration will open on April 5.)
- "What's Next?" Junior High Parenting Workshop at Bloomington East on Sunday, March 29, from 11:00am-1:30pm. This parenting workshop is one of 4 workshops designed to encourage intentional, Christ-centered parenting in each phase of a child's life (i.e., Nursery, Early Childhood, Elementary, and Jr. High). If you have kids new to or about to enter the Junior High Phase, please join us on March 29 as we look ahead to this phase and work together to prepare for it. Lunch will be provided. To learn more or to register, visit socc.org/kids. (Note: The other 3 workshops focus on the other three phases respectively. The Nursery workshop will be offered in October, Early Childhood in August, and Elementary in May.)
- Sherwood Kids! Palm Sunday on April 5. Join us in the Worship Center during the 9:30 or 11:00 service see the SK! Choir perform while the early childhood kiddos wave palm branches. (There will be regular programming for kids of all ages.)
- Easter service options for kids at 5:00pm on April 11 and 9:30am and 11:00am on April 12. Sherwood Kids will provide two options for kiddos this year. Families can grab an activity bag from a greeter and attend the main service together in the Worship Center. Or, kids can attend their age-appropriate children's program: ages 0-24 months in the Nursery, ages 2-3 in the Early Childhood Area, and preschoolers through 5th graders in the gym for an Easter production.
- The Sherwood Kids! staff has a new member! Marisa Ledbetter has accepted the position as the Sherwood Kids Production Coordinator. We are thrilled to have such an organized, talented, and caring leader in this role. When you see her in the halls, give her a big welcome.
If you would like more information about the goings-on in Sherwood Kids!, please feel free to visit our webpage (socc.org/kids), follow us on Instagram (@sherwoodkids_east), and join our Facebook page (Sherwood Kids!). As always, please don't hesitate to contact us at , if you have any questions or concerns.