To learn what's happening in the children's ministry at Sherwood Oaks Christian Church, check out the information below:
- Family Five is a five-minute devotional for the whole family...delivered right to your phone! It consists of a short video and conversation starters that reinforce the Core 52 lessons that the adults and children learn on Sunday mornings. Receive a new devotional every Monday at 3:00pm via text messaging and share it with your kids in the car, during a meal, during Life Group, before bedtime...whenever! To sign up, text this message "@familyfive" to 81010 or use this link https://www.remind.com/join/familyfive.
- Beginning on Sunday, March 6, masks will be optional for everyone (i.e., children, adults, volunteers, etc.) while in the church building. Please take time to prepare your children for the change, especially knowing that some of their peers or leaders will not longer be masking at church. Also, my guidance to the kids and volunteers will be that we should all have Jesus' attitude when interacting with people, regardless of whether or not they wear a face covering. As always, we encourage you not to criticize or demean someone for making a different decision than you. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Stephen Figert at
- Sherwood Kids! Pajama Sunday is on March 13. Set your clocks to Daylight Savings Time and plan to let your kids wear their pajamas to church.
- Save the date! VBX Block Parties 2022 will be on June 6-10. Times and locations will vary. Trainings for site leaders will take place at the beginning of April and May. For more information or to register to be a site leader, visit socc.org/vbx. (Child and volunteer registration will open on April 3.)
- Sherwood Kids! Palm Sunday is on April 10. Join us in the Worship Center during the 9:30 or 11:00 service see the kiddos wave palm branches. (There will be regular programming for kids of all ages.)
- "What's Next?" Junior High Parenting Workshop at Bloomington East on Sunday, March 27, from 11:00am-1:30pm. This parenting workshop is one of 4 workshops designed to encourage intentional, Christ-centered parenting in each phase of a child's life (i.e., Nursery, Early Childhood, Elementary, and Jr. High). If you have kids about to enter the Junior High Phase, please join us on March 27 as we look ahead to this phase and work together to prepare for it. Lunch will be provided. To learn more or to register, visit socc.org/kids. (Note: The other 3 workshops focus on the other three phases respectively. The Nursery workshop will be offered in October, Early Childhood in August, and Elementary in May.)
- Sherwood Kids is currently looking for a part-time Early Childhood Coordinator. To learn more about this position, check out the job description in the attachment. (This position also has potential to be full-time.) If you know someone who would excel in this role, please encourage them to send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Stephen Figert at . We will accept applications until the position is filled.
- Sherwood Kids is currently looking for a part-time Elementary Small-Groups Coordinator. To learn more about this position, check out the job description in the attachment. (This position also has potential to be full-time.) If you know someone who would excel in this role, please encourage them to send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Stephen Figert at . We will accept applications until the position is filled.
If you would like more information about the goings-on in Sherwood Kids!, please feel free to visit our webpage (socc.org/kids), follow us on Instagram (@sherwoodkids_east), and join our Facebook page (Sherwood Kids!). As always, please don't hesitate to contact us at , if you have any questions or concerns.