To learn what's happening in the children's ministry at Sherwood Oaks Christian Church Blooming East, check out the information below:
- VBX Block Parties 2021 will take place all around Bloomington and Bedford on June 7-11. Times and locations will vary. Online registration is open at socc.org/vbx. For more information, visit socc.org/kids.
- Upward Soccer registration is open! Evaluations will occur from 10:00am-12:00pm on May 22 and 10:00am-12:00pm on July 17. During evaluations you will be able to verify jersey sizes, and the kids will run through drills to assess their skill levels so that we can create balanced teams for the league. To learn more and to register, please visit socc.org/upward.
- Promotion Sunday is on June 6! This day is an exciting time when kids graduate from one age group or grade to the next. Please see the attachment below to learn more about these changes. (Also, for 5th graders who move to the middle on June 6, the middle has programming in the Fellowship Hall during the 9:30 service only.)
- Beverly McKeel is facilitating a Bible study for 5th grade girls and their moms this summer! The study is called Lies Young Women Believe and the Truth that Sets them Free by Nancy Demoss Wolgemuth and Dannah Gresh. It will be a great opportunity for moms and their 5th grade daughters to have a biblical discussion about the most common lies that this generation of tweens tends to believe. It will also create a space to build relationships as the 5th grade girls transition from the children's ministry to the middle school ministry. The study will take place during the 11:00 service beginning on June 13. To register, visit socc.org/kids.
- Check out SK! Online Resources on Facebook, on Instagram, and at socc.org/kids! Show-N-Tell videos, Ask & Seek videos, Story Time videos, Conversations along the Road videos, and Faith Tools are all resources designed to help families to grow in their relationship with Jesus and stay connected with our faith community.
If you would like more information about the goings-on in Sherwood Kids!, please feel free to visit our webpage (socc.org/kids), follow us on Instagram (@sherwoodkids_east), and join our Facebook page (Sherwood Kids!). As always, please don't hesitate to contact us at , if you have any questions or concerns.