Wow! What a couple of months!
As we all prepare for the next few months and what the "new normal" will be, the Sherwood Kids! team has created some resources that we hope will help your kiddos continue to grow in their relationship with Jesus. So, check out the information below:
- The SK! Hangout begins after the 9:30 service this Sunday, May 10! This virtual meeting is a place where kids can connect with each other and their leaders after the worship service. Visit socc.org/kids to learn more and to register.
- The SK! Parent Chat begins this Wednesday, May 6! This virtual meeting is a place where parents can go to support each other with ideas and prayer as we all navigate the "new normal" together. To learn more and to register, visit socc.org/kids.
- "Teachable Moments" devotionals are posted on social media and at socc.org/kids every Monday.
- "Faith Tools" are posted at socc.org/kids every Wednesday. These are activities that help kids process the content in the sermon for the upcoming Sunday. Supplies for the activities are available outside Door 4 at the Bloomington East Campus every Thursday and Friday. For more information, visit socc.org/kids.
- SK! Story Time Videos are posted at socc.org/kids every Thursday. Check out the object lessons for elementary kids, book readings for early childhood kids, and more!
- "Tuesday Takeovers" on social media. Follow SK! on social media to see what staff members and volunteers do when they take over the SK! social media accounts.
- Save the date for the information session for new 6th graders and their parents on Sunday, May 17, at 6:00pm. Stephen Figert (Director of SK!) and Tyler Cadwell (Jr. High Minister) will host a virtual meeting with 6th graders and their parents to share information about the transition from children's ministry to student ministry.
- Save the date for the Kids Summer Kick-Off Parade on Monday, June 1, from 10:00am-11:00am, at the Bloomington East Campus. This will be an opportunity to celebrate the kids as they officially graduate to the next age group. More information coming soon at socc.org/kids.
- Sunday Morning Worship Service each week at 8:00am and 9:30 at socc.tv. Please take this opportunity each week for your family to grow and share together through the online service.
- Join a Life Group. This is a great way for your family to continue to experience church community especially in a time of physical distancing. For more information, email Allen Burris ( ) or Nancy Barrow ( ).
- Christian Camp is a wonderful opportunity for kids to build relationships with each other and grow in their relationship with Jesus. Click here to learn more about some near-by Christian camps that we recommend.
- Registration for Upward Soccer is on hold. We will post updates at socc.org/upward.
If you would like more information about the goings-on in Sherwood Kids!, please feel free to visit our webpage (socc.org/kids), follow us on Instagram (@sherwoodkids_east), and join our Facebook page (Sherwood Kids!). As always, please don't hesitate to contact us at , if you have any questions or concerns